Food delivery apps are becoming more popular because they make ordering easy for your customers without leaving their homes. But delivery costs can increase quickly and have an impact on your business, especially if they order several things simultaneously.
As a result, many restaurants are finding zero delivery fee ordering system solutions to avoid losing revenue.
Cloudwaitress makes it easy to save money on food deliveries for your business because the CloudWaitress platform lets the customer pay the delivery fee direct whilst also booking the Uber driver to collect and deliver it. It’s an automatic delivery service that you don’t have to pay for, don’t have to adjust your prices for and don’t have to worry about.
On top of all of this, you don’t even need an account with Uber!
Cloudwaitress is a cloud-based restaurant management and ordering system that integrates with zero-fee delivery partners.
Zero delivery fee ordering systems allow your customers to order food directly from your restaurant and pay for its delivery so your business pays lower fees. With Cloudwaitress, restaurants can create their own online ordering website or app without paying any commissions.
This guide will explore options for zero delivery fee ordering systems that integrate with Cloudwaitress. We’ll also explore the advantages and drawbacks of zero delivery fee systems and discuss factors to consider when choosing a system.
What is Cloudwaitress?
Cloudwaitress is a commission-free online ordering system designed to empower restaurant owners. We cater specifically to small businesses, offering the latest features at an affordable price.
Accessible through any web browser, this software streamlines the ordering journey with a user-friendly interface. From registration to menu setup, it provides a seamless experience for both owners and customers.
The system supports automated receipt printing and integrates dynamically with zero-fee delivery partners, expanding restaurant delivery options. Although Cloudwaitress itself isn’t a zero delivery fee system, the partnership integrations enable cost-effective and efficient delivery services for your business.
With global accessibility and support for various currencies, Cloudwaitress empowers restaurant owners worldwide to optimize their operations and provide a customer-centric online ordering experience. Say goodbye to commissions and embrace the free and efficient Cloudwaitress solution.
The Best Zero Delivery Fee Ordering Systems
Finding a great zero delivery fee ordering system to integrate with your Cloudwaitress software is essential. So, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best options out there for your reference.
1. Uber Eats
Uber Eats is a service that lets people order food from nearby places and bring it right to their door. Most orders on the platform have a delivery fee that’s paid by the customer, so your restaurant gets the delivery service for free.
Regardless of whether customers have free delivery on Uber Eats, your restaurant will pay zero delivery fees when you integrate it with your Cloudwaitress account. Uber offers a direct integration with Cloudwaitress through Uber Direct.
You don’t need an account with Uber Eats for this to work with your Cloudwaitress ordering system. Plus Uber will forward the cost of delivery to the customer saving you money and allowing you to offer your food at your regular prices without worrying about commissions.
Grubhub is a popular food delivery app that lets restaurants offer delivery to their customers. Restaurants can use Grubhub’s order management tools to see orders, track deliveries, and react to customer questions.
Grubhub works with different point-of-sale (POS) systems and offers a range of marketing and advertising tools. With Grubhub your business will pay zero platform or maintenance fees, that’s major savings for your business.
Postmates was purchased by Uber Eats and provides food delivery services charged to customers with fees that vary based on distance and time of day. That means just like with Uber Eats, your restaurant will not pay for delivery on any orders.
Apart from food delivery, Postmates offers various other services. They have partnered with grocery stores to provide grocery delivery, convenience stores to deliver snacks and household supplies, and pharmacies to deliver prescription medications.
Additionally, Postmates facilitates gift delivery from stores, including flowers, chocolates, and electronics.
DoorDash is on our list for zero delivery fee ordering systems for restaurants, however their fees technically include delivery. When you pay for DoorDash as a merchant, your fees go towards advertising & marketing, customer service, credit card processing, and delivery.
DoorDash is still a top platform used to integrate with Cloudwaitress so they still warrant a spot on our list. There’s a direct integration on Cloudwaitress available through Doordash Driver so it’s super easy to get going.
Pros and Cons of Zero Delivery Fee Ordering Systems
Zero delivery fee ordering systems offer several pros and cons for restaurants and customers.
- Increased profits: Profits go up because restaurants don’t have to give a portion of the money they make from online orders to a third-party delivery company.
- More control over the buying process: Restaurants can change the way customers order online, such as by adding special deals and discounts, making their own menus, and making their own brand.
- Customers are happier: When they don’t have to pay for delivery and may be more likely to order from places that don’t charge for delivery.
- Increased costs: Costs may increase because restaurants may have to put money into their delivery system, like hiring drivers or using a third-party delivery service.
- Increased workload: Restaurants may have to do more to manage deliveries, like taking orders from customers, sending drivers to places, and keeping track of supplies.
- Potential for lost sales: Customers may order from a rival if a restaurant doesn’t offer delivery.
Choosing the Best Zero Delivery Fee Ordering Systems
Here are some additional factors to consider when choosing a zero delivery fee ordering system:
- Cost: The system’s price will depend on what it can do and its features. Some methods are free, while others charge a monthly or yearly fee. It is essential to compare the prices of different systems to find one that fits your budget.
- Ease of use: Guests and restaurants should find it easy to use the system. Restaurants should be able to quickly add its menu, manage orders, and keep track of deliveries. Customers should be able to quickly find their favourite restaurants, place orders, and check the status of their orders.
- Customer service: In case of problems, the method should have good customer service. The customer service team should be quick to respond and willing to help. They should be able to answer system questions and help solve problems.
- Reputation: The method should be known for being trustworthy and safe. Ordering systems should be able to deal with many orders at once without crashing. It should also be safe to protect customer information.
- Features and functions: Some systems let you place orders online, on your phone, or through a reward program. It’s crucial to choose a system that has the functions you need.
Zero Delivery Fee Ordering Systems conclusion
Zero delivery fee ordering systems can be a great way to save money on food delivery. However, weighing the pros and cons before deciding which system is right for you is essential.
You might also like…
What are the best zero delivery fee ordering systems?
The best zero delivery fee ordering systems vary depending on location and preferences. Some popular options include DoorDash, Grubhub, Uber Eats, Postmates, and Grab Zero.
How do zero delivery fee ordering systems work?
Zero delivery fee ordering systems typically charge a small commission to the restaurants. Still, they don't charge any delivery fees to customers. This means you can order food from your favourite restaurants without paying extra for delivery.
What does “0 delivery fee” mean on DoorDash?
“0 delivery fee” on DoorDash means you won't be charged a delivery fee when you order food from participating restaurants.